Business Continuity and Crisis Management Manager
Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin, Inc. Greendale, WI, US
The Business Continuity and Crisis Management Manager is responsible for providing input into strategy for business continuity framework, establishing and maintaining workable solutions for the actions and issues related to localized acts of nature, accidents, technological emergencies, and military or terrorist attack-related incidents of the business, and facilitating exercises to test our business continuity capabilities.
Implements and may provide input into strategic goals for organization and for business continuity framework, establishing and maintaining workable solutions for the actions and issues related to localized acts of nature, accidents, technological emergencies, and military or terrorist attack-related incidents of the business, and facilitating exercises to test our business continuity capabilities. Applies expertise in business continuity framework to support the development of policies, procedures, and programs. Has familiarity with the business continuity budget and may provide input into spending decisions, particularly as pertains to vendors, systems, and projects. Typically works on projects and initiatives that span 12 months - 2 years.
1. Leading and Developing Talent: May provide training to coworkers or others in the organization.
2. Project and Change Management: Manages low to moderately complex projects within the department. Articulates intended outcomes, effectively plans work for self and others, gives direction, resolves issues, and holds other accountable. May serve in formal project roles such as team member or subject matter expert. Engages effectively in change affecting her/him, communicating appropriately with supervisor. Follows through on learning, skill building, and practice necessary to adapt to change. Assesses impact when managing projects. Communicates effectively with stakeholders. Plan appropriately to meet the needs of impacted individuals.
3. Problem Solving: Light supervision; works independently. Work review limited to final product. Solves highly complex problems. Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills to deal creatively with complex situations.
4. Technical Skill: Expert knowledge of particular field of specialization. Advanced knowledge of organization’s technologies and practices.
5. Community Engagement: Understands social trends driving Goodwill's community engagement initiatives, and champions initiatives. Is aware of Goodwill’s community partner organizations and participates in volunteer opportunities as pertains to role and interest. Participates in industry/knowledge groups.
6. Plan to sustain the business functions before, during and following disruptions
7. Coordinate with customers, suppliers, vendors, and partners in planning and preparing emergency plans down to the lowest level necessary ensure the plans are complete and coherent and integrated with facilities and information technology contingency plan
8. Implement, test, and exercise procedures to determine, validate, and sustain the viability of all continuity procedures
9. Facilitate business impact assessments ('BIAs') and the development of Business Continuity plans with process owners.
10. Develop strategies to mitigate risk, reduce injuries and near misses and hazards to Goodwill locations.
11. Ensure that business continuity plans are documented and reviewed.
12. Develop and execute a series of business continuity scenario analyses and mock tests.
13. Management and maintenance of the Business Continuity framework and policy.
14. Regularly review and management of Crisis management plan and team
15. Facilitate and support Crisis management team activity during incidents.
16. Develop and deliver Business Continuity training.
17. Address known business continuity weaknesses with process owners.
18. Coordination of disaster recovering testing
1. Associates Degree or experience equivalency, and a minimum of 7 years’ experience.
2. Two to three years of experience in planning and managing the execution of Crisis Management simulations, Business Continuity tests, and Infrastructure Disaster Recovery testing.
3. Must be able to interface and coordinate work efficiently and effectively with business partners and executive leadership.
4. Self-starting, driven, assertive and positive attitude.
5. Ability to multi-task while meeting tight internal/external deadlines.
6. Excellent attention to detail.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
8. Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) or equivalent certification preferred.
9. Valid driver’s license required.
1. Customer Focus: Gathers customer satisfaction input and aligns business processes to work with those of the customer. Holds others accountable for meeting customer needs and addresses gaps in meeting emerging customer needs.
2. Values Differences: Creates an environment where differences are openly shared, embraced and incorporated into the team’s activities. Encourages others to be open to, seek and learn from diverse perspectives. Demonstrated sensitivity to cultural norms and expectations and helps other understand the value diversity brings to the business.
3. Communicates Effectively: Practices active and attentive listening and encourages candid and open communication among groups. Breaks down communication barriers and adjusts content and communication style to reach the audience and a diverse set of stakeholders.
4. Situational Adaptability: Sets an example of adaptability, adapting and shifting priorities in response to clients, constituents, or the organization. Helps teams adapt to new situations and shift approach or stay the course in the face of changing demands.
5. Drives Results: Fosters a sense of urgency within the team for reaching goals and meeting deadlines. Drives a record of success leading other to persist in achieving results despite setbacks or obstacles.
6. Ensures Accountability: Holds self and team accountable for outcomes and accepts responsibility for successes and failures of own work and the team’s work. Creates feedback loops within processes; monitors metrics and milestones to chart progress against expectations and accountabilities.
Job requires the following: remain stationary for sustained periods of time; ability to move about to accomplish tasks; must be able to operate a computer or similar technology, which typically involves substantial motions of wrist, hands and/or fingers; visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing data, operating equipment or review thoroughness of work; ability to communicate with others and exchange information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This topic is for posting positions in BCP, D/R and other related areas. Positions posted here will be deleted by the site administrator in three months if the original poster does not delete them prior.